Emery Telecommunications & Video has a full time position open for a Construction technician. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. Some travel on long-haul projects is required. This person will help with all aerial and underground construction projects including burying conduit, drops, and mainline cable and long-haul projects. Experience with directional drills, dozers, mini-excavators, and plows is preferred.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all construction jobs as assigned each day
- Will work on a construction crew
- Use appropriate construction equipment for projects
- Use appropriate bucket trucks as needed
- Place aerial or underground mainline cable for specified projects
- Place aerial or underground drops to the customer's premises
- Place conduit and mainline cable to the customer.s premises
- Locate underground cables as needed
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing services. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record. Class A CDL preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.